Sunday, July 22, 2018

Buying the right BMW in Nigeria

Home Forums BMW General Forum Buying the right BMW in Nigeria

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Danisa 6 days, 13 hours ago.

• Author

Mike Danisa
    Participant

Hi all I am still thinking about getting an all weather BMW for my daily runs, I have my 3 boys I take to school daily and a daughter as well including 2 kids from my neighbors. I wouldn’t mind a few weekend blasts out of town, I am really eyeing the E70 3.0, tips on reliability and maintenance will really help, any E70 owner out there?

Mattey Adinnu
    Participant

The 3 litre engines are just a perfect balance of power and economy hence the E70 is no different. A perfect car to own for self and family but keep the following in mind. Make sure that battery is at optimum condition as components like the water pump, transmission draws it’s power from there. Observe the electric fan periodically making sure the speed changes as heat increases and decreases. Pay attention to any kind of rattling noise in the engine as this may be sign of sludge in the engine affecting moving components like the valvetronics. Check periodically for oil leaks around the engine as this may be signs of weak seal and gaskets.change worn out engine belt as they are serious disaster waiting to happen. Pls do not follow the Bmw specified oil change interval but do a maximum of 5000 miles before oil change not forgetting to mention the use of quality specified oil grade. Good luck!

Mike Danisa
    Participant

Thanks so much Mr Mattey, My confidence is renewed, I am currently shopping for a good E70 and will adhere strictly to your advice and even more.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.